genomic DNA preps

USA::RGB12955 RGB12955%USA.decnet at USAV01.GLAXO.COM
Thu Oct 29 16:31:00 EST 1992

Dear netters:

I am setting up SOPs for determining the presence of recombinant genes in stably
transfected cell lines, using PCR.  This will involve designing protocols that
pharmacologists and other non-molecular biologists can perform and get right
reproducibly.  The PCR is pretty straightforward, but the sample prep is not so
simple.  I am leaning toward genomic DNA isolation, because it is more stable
than RNA.  Has anyone got any experience that they can relate about kits (there
is that dirty word again) for genomic DNA preps?

If so, please pass it on and, if there is enough response, I will summarize and
post.

Thanks,
Rich Buckholz
Glaxo Research Institute