cm amplification?

michael coyne michael.coyne at
Sun Sep 27 00:29:41 EST 1992

Fellow Netters:

Can anyone out there supply me with a protocol for chlorampenicol
amplification of pUC-based plasmids in E. coli?  I've seen various
non-specific references to it (ie in Maniatis), but all are written in a
conversational manner as kind of an aside, and do not provide specific

I would greatly appreciate any information on a consistantly
reproducable method that someone out there's lab might use, including
details such as how much Cm to use, at what point in culture growth do
you add the antibiotic, etc.

Thanks -
michael.coyne at
 ~ SLMR 2.1a ~ Nothing is so smiple that it can't get screwed up.
Channel 1 (R)   Cambridge, MA