Dratagene Affinity Screening Kit

Andy Phillips PHILLIPSA at LARS.AFRC.AC.UK
Thu Sep 24 10:01:00 EST 1992

Does anyone out there have experience with Stratagene's Affinity
Screening Kit? A colleague of mine without net access is trying
to isolate a clone for a trans-acting factor by screening a gt11
library with labelled ds oligos of the cis-element. To establish
the system, he bought the above kit, which consists of a GCN4 clone
in gt11, and the corresponding ds oligonucleotide to which the protein
product binds. So far, desipte having followed the instructions to the letter,
and several variants thereof, he can't get any specific binding to
a nitrocellulose lift, only spurious spots which don't match up
with plaques. I've suggested that he checks that the DNA
is labelled (he used a push column as Stratagene recommend, but that I
dislike). We would dearly like to hear from someone who has used this kit
successfully (or otherwise).

Thanks in advance.
Andy Phillips (PHILLIPSA at LARS.AFRC.AC.UK)
Long Ashton Research Stn, Bristol, UK.