single strand specific mutagens ( >bisulfite)

Jim Graham jgraham at bio.indiana.edu
Mon Sep 21 18:24:59 EST 1992

Hello Networkers,

Has anyone run across any  mutagens other than bisulfite that can be used
to chemical modify single standed regions in an unpaired regions of DNA ?

I have a nice set of deletions (5-60 bp) which I would now like to use to
localize mutations. I am aware of the sodium bisulfite procedure which will
convert the cytosines to uridines in these regions.

Please E-mail me if you have used the bisulfite procedure or have any ideas
for other modifying reagents.

thanks,

Jim