Probing native DNA on filters(??)

Fri Sep 18 13:43:47 EST 1992

>     	My question may be simple, but we don't seem to have
> anyone here who has attempted this.  Has anyone had any experience
> with blotting native DNA (ie.  Chromosome digest, non-denatured)
> onto nylon filters and subsequently probing this DNA with a DNA
> binding protein?  I understand it is simple to blot native DNA
> but will UV crosslinking fix it to the filter without having
> previously denatured it?
> 	One would assume that a DNA binding protein would require
> the DNA binding site to be 1) in native form and 2) free from
> binding to the filter.  It would be nice if this method could
> work and be used with a chromosomal digest blot or (even better)
> a lambda bacterial library via colony hybridization.
> 				G. Scott Gordon
> 				Tufts U. - Sackler School

Is this not the same as South-Western blot;
There seems to be so many blots it seems to be confusing.
May be if somebody has a glossary of all the blot definitions
would they mind posting it.

If not, I will try to fish the meaning of different blots that I can
and may be otherS can add on as the time goes by.

Raj Shankarappa
Univ of Pittsburgh