Epstein Barr

Bill Melchior, NCTR/FDA wmelchior at NTBTOX.NCTR.FDA.GOV
Tue Sep 15 12:37:53 EST 1992

>We also use EBV for the same purpose; our employee-health department required
>a blood test to demonstrate a positive anti-EBV antibody titer before working
>with it. Evidently most folks (at least in the U.S.) have titers from exposures
>during childhood/adolescence.

I once heard that the Salk polio vaccine was contaminated with EBV, so that
many people who took it became anti-EBV positive.  Does anyone know if this
is indeed true?
The opinions stated are mine, not those of NCTR or its sponsoring organizations.

Bill Melchior                                ||   "You have lawyers the way
National Center for Toxicological Research   ||    other people have mice."
Jefferson, AR  72079                         ||
(501) 543-7206                               ||   -Kenneth Duncan, English
                                             ||    Health & Safety Executive,
WMELCHIOR at NTDOC.NCTR.FDA.GOV                 ||    to US regulators