PCR enhancers

John Alsobrook ALSOBROOK at biomed.med.yale.edu
Tue Sep 15 12:30:48 EST 1992

In <9209101632.AA03158 at anolis.bnr.usu.edu> thsiao at ANOLIS.BNR.USU.EDU writes:

> Dear Netters,
>
> I am interested in the use of PCR enhancers.  I would like to know if any one
> has experience with the use of Stratagene's Perfect Match Polymerase Enhancer.
> Is this a single-stranded DNA binding protein?  What is the difference with
> USB's single-stranded DNA binding protein or GP 32?  How effective are these
> products in getting better PCR yields?  Any suggestion and tips will be
> appreciated.
>
>    +---------------Ting H. Hsiao ---------------+
>    | Dept. of Biology, Utah State University    |
>    | Logan, UT 84322-5303, U.S.A.               |
>    | PHONE: (801) 750-2549; FAX: (801) 750-1575 |
>    | E-MAIL: thsiao at anolis.bnr.usu.edu          |

An issue of Biotechniques (I think, not absolutely sure) a couple of years ago
revealed that Stratagene's Perfect Match is actually a 5x10E-5 M solution of
tetra-methyl-ammonium chloride.

*                                       | "Giving money and power to the   *
* John Alsobrook                        |    government is like giving     *
* Child Study Center                    |     whiskey and car keys to      *
* Yale University School of Medicine    |  teenage boys." - P.J. O'Rourke  *