Direct PCR of Lambda Libraries

READY at UTBC01.CM.UTEXAS.EDU READY at UTBC01.CM.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Sep 14 08:09:21 EST 1992

Dear Netters,

	I recall hearing or reading of a method for PCR of a desired poly-
nucleotide directly from a cDNA library in Lambda phage. The idea was that for
a more-or-less known sequence, one could take a few ul of the phage, strip
their coats and use the DNA directly in a PCR reaction. If anyone has a method
or can point me to the reference, I would be a very happy guy (my hair is
getting to thin for continued 32P use). If there is sufficient interest, I'll
post a summary of responses.

Thanks in advance,

Mike R.
   | Dr. Michael P. Ready                     | READY at UTBC01.CM.UTEXAS.EDU |
   | Clayton Foundation Biochemical Institute | Phone: (512)471-3625       |
   | University of Texas                      | FAX:   (512)471-8696       |
   | Austin, Texas 78737                      |                            |