dye-term removal after cycle seq rxns

Jeremy Weinman jjw at rsbs0.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 9 18:52:29 EST 1992

Hello fellow netters,
	I've a question regarding clean-up of dye-terminator cycle sequencing
reactions.  Specificaly, does anybody out there have any nifty, simple,
cheap protocols for using home-made spun columns for this step?  I've used
G-50 packed Eppies spun in a Speed-Vac before to remove unicoprorated counts
after probe making, but I'm uncertain if this method is going to remove
sufficient dye-terminators to give good clean sequence.  I'd rather not
waste reactions to find out if somebody already knows the answer.
	Any helpful suggestions would be most welcome,
Dr. Jeremy Weinman				Email:	jjw at rsbs1.anu.edu.au
Plant Microbe Interaction Group			Phone:	61 6 2495051
Research School of Biological Sciences		Fax:	61 6 2490754
Australian National University			Snail:	PO Box 475, Canberra,
							ACT 2601, AUSTRALIA