lambda won't cut

mcgraw%gandal.dnet at SERVER.UGA.EDU mcgraw%gandal.dnet at SERVER.UGA.EDU
Wed Sep 9 09:48:16 EST 1992

Hello netters,

A colleague provided us with some lambda clone DNAs "purified" from plate
lysates.  They won't cut with EcoR1.  We tried further purification with
additional phenol/chloroform extractions.  The uncut DNA looks good on a
gel, and the OD's are good.  The inserts should cut out with EcoR1 based on
the way the library was made (R1 linkers).  We haven't worked with lambda
in quite a while, but I imagine that some of you out there are cutting
yours successfully as you read this.

What do you suggest?

                                Mike Grosse
                                McGraw lab