Luciferase activity by scintillation counting?

Stephen Klautky agoodrid at vaxa.weeg.uiowa.edu
Thu Sep 3 12:33:00 EST 1992

Hi,

Has anyone tried to use the scintillation counter to measure
luciferase activity?  I am interested in using this method to
assay luciferase from transfected cell extracts.

Is it as sensitive as using a luminometer?  Reproducible?
Is it linear of a large range of enzyme activities?

The advantage, as I understand it, of the scintillation method is
that it costs much less because one does not have to invest in a
luminometer.

Can you point me to references on this topic?

Thanks,

-=] Stephen Klautky [=-     AGOODRID at VAXA.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU