LUCIFERASE EXPRESSION

Prince of Wales Endocrinology Unit endo at angis.su.OZ.AU
Tue Sep 29 20:31:19 EST 1992

Hi I'm using luciferase as a reporter gene in primary cultures
of rat Leydig cells.  I posted a message previously asking if
anyone has encountered the problem that I'm having.  I know
that my cells are successfully transfected (the mRNA is present)
and the extraction and assay are working well in other cells yet
I get no detectible activity in my Leydig cell extracts.

Haso anyone had a similar experience?

I would like to get my hands on a luciferase antibody next to
see if the protein is being translated or not.  Could someone
please tell me if the antibody is available?  and fromhom??

Thanks in advance,
Tim Nason (I am not a computer geek)