Genebank on CDROM?

Dennis J. Templeton djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu
Wed Sep 30 13:23:22 EST 1992

In a previous article, rrumpf at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Robert Rumpf) says:

>I have heard that it is possible to get Genebank on a CDROM, and get updates
>every so often...who do we call/write/email, how much is it, and does it work
>on Macintosh CDROM readers?
>
>Bob

NCBI has announced a CDrom based genbank distribution for cheap.. $50-$60
 they have a package that is called entrez that contains the mac and pc
search software for that price.

Ask for a mailing from NCBI (202) 738-3238 (the fax number for orders
is 202 512-2233)

Or contact Dennis Benson via Email (benson at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)

NCBI also offers a retrieve service via email that is more up to date than
a cdrom could ever be.  It's a little clunky now, but improving.  For help,
Email retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov with the word <help> in the body of the message.

good luck,

dennis