Anyone EVER successful with Demmler's PCR on Cytomegalovirus?

REE700A at MAINE.MAINE.EDU REE700A at MAINE.MAINE.EDU
Thu Apr 15 10:17:23 EST 1993

   First, I am not the biochemist in this organization.
   Since I do have NET access, I am asking this on behalf of my employer.
He spent three months trying to amplify the late antigen encoding
sequence for cytomegalovirus, described by Demmler in

G. Demmler, G. Buffone, C. Shimbor and R. May, J. Infectious Dis.,
v. 158, n. 6, pp 1177-1184 (1988).

On the other hand, the sequence of Olive et al., (J. Clinical Microbiology,
June 1989, pp. 1238-1242) worked on the first try.

So, for our future reference, is there a sequence typo in the paper? Is
there some unspecified trick which we overlooked?  Or, does this system not
work?

Thanks,
Jeff Andle,
Electronics Research Scientist,