Colorimetric substrate for RNase

EM609MBCPHL at NCCCOT7.AGR.CA EM609MBCPHL at NCCCOT7.AGR.CA
Thu Apr 15 20:28:06 EST 1993

Just a thought off the top of my head...
There are fluorophore/quencher combinations that I have seen
used for certain assays that may be useful here.
The idea is that when the fluorophore and quencher are in close
proximity, the fluorescence is low.
Separate the fluorophore and quencher (by more than tens of Angstroms)
and the fluorescence rises.
So, if you could make RNA with a fluorophore/quencher combination
that was cleavable with RNase A, then you could assay activity
fluorimetrically.
just an idea.

Pat Covello
Central Plant Health Lab