HELP - E.coli strains

Michael Benedik bchs1b at Elroy.UH.EDU
Thu Apr 15 16:33:13 EST 1993

In article <1qj03oINNsic at ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>, wgwoods at ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU (Wayne Woods) writes:
>Does anyone know of any good dam-, dcm- E. coli strains
>to use?
>I have been using JM110 (to prep plasmids for use in
>halobacteria), but find this strain lousy.
>
>Thanks,
>Wayne

As a rule, dam- dcm- strains are sick. So I don't think you will be able
to find one that isn't lousy. We just use normal strains from most work
and dam- only when we need it. In fact I don't even like working with
RecA- strains because they are also quite sick, but that is a personal
thing.

 Michael Benedik				INTERNET: Benedik at uh.edu
 Dept. of Biochemical & Biophysical Sciences
 University of Houston				BITNET: Benedik at uhou