Help with lambda zap excision

coutavas at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu coutavas at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu
Fri Apr 16 10:50:40 EST 1993

Help!
I'm trying to excise the bluescript plasmid from some lambda zap II
clones I've isolated (Stratagene).  Does anyone have any hints as to
how this might be done?  I'm following the Stratagene protocol but
it's not working (their tech people recommend I buy a new helper phage
they have, but we would rather save the $100.00).  I have titered both
the lambda and the R408 helper and am using them as recommended.
Are there other things to watch for?  I'm using XL1-Blue E. Coli.
Any hints, advise etc. is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

|      Elias Coutavas             					|
|      NYU Medical Center 						|
|      Biochemistry Dept. 		coutavas at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu	|
|      550 First Av. NY NY  10016  	coutavas at nyumed.bitnet  	|