Use of cycloheximide

Dinakar Desai DAC050 at MUVMS3.MU.WVNET.EDU
Sun Apr 18 08:47:00 EST 1993

HI:

I use cycloheximide at the concentration of 5 ug/ml.  I have tried different
concentrations and this one works best for me on B16 melanoma cells.
Interestingly, the gene of our interest is up-regulated by cycloheximide at
10-20 fold higher than control.  When I add 10 ug/ml of medium, there is
decrease in expression.  We have done protein synthesis analysis by labelled
amino acid.  Protein synthesis is inhibited at 5 ug/ml of medium.

Good luck.

Dinakar