Vent polymerase ?

Andre Hamel hamel at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Mon Apr 19 08:33:55 EST 1993

Yes, Vent (NEB) and Pfu (Stratagene) DNA pols are better than Taq for
avoiding sequence "abnormalities" within and at ends of PCR products.
Also, we've found Perkin Elmers Taq to be more fideliltous than cheaper
suppliers such as Promega, don't ask me why ... still, Vent and Pfu were
much noticeably better than ANY Taq. ... based upon a couple dozen
different constructs (100 to 650 bp .. fully sequenced after PCR and
subcloning ... each had at least 10 clones sequenced).

regards