Promega PolyATtract mRNA Isolation System

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz
Sat Apr 24 03:31:10 EST 1993

In article <1r93om$9se at controversy.math.lsa.umich.edu>, huhta at euripides.ccs.itd.umich.edu (Christopher T. Huhta) writes:
>    Has anyone ever used this system from Promega for isolation of mRNA
> from total RNA?  Comments on how well it works, etc. would be appreciated.
>
> Chris Huhta
> University of Michigan
> Dept. of Internal Medicine
> huhta at euripides.ccs.itd.umich.edu

I'm just making a cDNA library with polyA RNA I isolated with it.  Its neat and
quick, and so far as I can tell the RNA is fine (at least I get reasonable cDNA
synthesis) with no detectable 28s and 18s RNA carry over.  Others around here
have also used it successfully.  I'll never go back to oligodT cellulose!  As I
recall, their magnetic stands were a  helluva lot cheaper than others on the
market too, but don't quote me on that (it was a year or so ago when I bought
the kit).

--
Cheers,

Martin