cycle sequencing from mini prep DNA

Joy Richman jrichmn at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Fri Apr 23 16:31:13 EST 1993

I am using a GIBCO BRL cycle sequencing kit but have had intermittent
success with sequencing, ie. no visible bands. I am pretty certain that it
is a problem with my template since the control ds DNA works.  We are
using the Magiprep miniprep kit from Promega to purify our plasmid DNA.
Has anyone out there had a problem with the quality of plasmid DNA from
this kit? Are there better ways of preparing the template? Is quantity of
DNA essential to success? How much is the minimum that will work? All I
know is that more than the recommended 50 fM is required!

All suggestions will be gratefully received.

Joy Richman

"The most important event in life is not birth or death but gastrulation."
Lewis Wolpert
jrichmn at ccu.umanitoba.ca

jrichmn at ccu.umanitoba.ca