Help on quantitating a protein

James Loats loats1 at husc8.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 27 16:37:02 EST 1993

Hello all.  I am looking for a way to measure the expression levels of a
protein in E. coli.  The problem is that antibodies to this protein (even
ones made to synthetic peptides) are invariably cross-reactive with a great
many other E. coli proteins, making for rather ugly Western blots.  What
are some ideas that anyone has and their pros & cons (epitope tagging, etc.)

If more details are needed I am happy to provide them.  Post or e-mail

Jim L.