microtiter plate PCR

Rick Wilson rick at GENEMAN.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Apr 30 06:26:02 EST 1993

There are at least two very good thermal cyclers which allow PCR to be
performed in microtiter plate format without the requirement for a
mineral oil overlay.  These are the Perkin-Elmer 9600 (which we have
used and are quite happy with) and a new instrument from MJ Research
(we have not used, but Eric Lander's lab has had very good results with
this cycler).  The PE cycler goes for around $10K (U.S.) and the MJR
cycler goes for about $5.5K.  The PE instrument will turn 30 cycles in
1.25 hours.

R. Wilson
St. Louis