Promega magic lambda preps

James J. Campanella jjc4 at po.CWRU.Edu
Tue Aug 3 10:36:17 EST 1993

Dear netters,

we seem to be having some problems with Promega's Magic Lambda Prep
kit to purify lambda DNA. We have consistently been getting degraded
DNA, despite treatment of the preps with proteinase K. Has anyone else
been having this problem? Have you solved it. Promega's technical
assistance was not very helpful-- they simply suggested that our
enzyme buffers had nucleases in them (that was not the case since we
have been using those same buffers on other DNA preps w/o degradation).
We would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.
--
Jim Campanella | Vila: This is stupid, Avon
Case Western   | Avon: When has that ever stopped us?