TA cloning vector

CARLOS ALVAREZ ALVAREZ at mgif.genetics.uga.edu
Tue Aug 3 17:18:57 EST 1993

In <1993Aug3.205333.24726 at galileo.cc.rochester.edu> PHIP at BPHVAX.BIOPHYSICS.ROCHESTER.EDU writes:

> Hello, net,
>
> I'll be doing some cloning of PCR products in the near future and I was
> planning on using TA cloning as described by Invitrogen.  I was hoping,
> however, not to have to buy their kit.  Does anyone know of a vector
> that is easily obtained and can be used for this purpose (i.e., can be
> cut with an enzyme which leaves a single T overhang).  Thanks in advance,
> I'll post a summary later.
>
> Rick Willis
> University of Rochester Cancer Center

Check out the pT7Blue T-Vector Introductory Kit from Novagen (800-526-7319).
For $75 you get vector, competent cells, SOC medium, positive control and
protocols enough for 10 ligations. In our hands it has worked very well
every time we have used to clone PCR products.
Good Luck
Carlos
PS. We do not have any bussiness relationship with Novagen.