cross-linking DNA strands

Steven Laken DGM laken at gene.med.umn.edu
Wed Aug 4 10:58:03 EST 1993

I am currently searching for a molecule that would chemically link the
basies of DNA, for example a molecule like mitomycin that links a G to
a C.  The chemical I am intereseted in would covalently bind the bases of
opposite strands to one another, thus chemically linking the strands of
DNA.  This has to be a chemical or an enzyme that will work at 4
degrees Celsiu and is site specific and not a random linker.

Thank-you,

Steve

Division of Genetics and Metabolism   I
University of Minnesota               I
Box 485 UMHC                          I    "If all you have is a hammer,
Harvard Street at East River Road     I     you tend to look at every
Minneapolis, MN  55455                I     problem as a nail."
Voice (612) 625-5628                  I                      -Maslow
Fax (612) 626-7031                    I
Email laken at gene.med.umn.edu          I