Combs for Sequencing Gels <Question>

mwooten at ducvax.auburn.edu mwooten at ducvax.auburn.edu
Wed Aug 4 15:44:17 EST 1993

Since it works and it was the way we originally learned to do it, our lab
has always used sharks tooth combs for loading sequencing gels.  Recently we
tried using wells made with combs supplied with our BIO-RAD systems.  Loading
was much easier (of course) but we got very poor results in all lanes.  This
was true even when we loaded 2x as much sample.

I would really appreciate it if someone who has experience with these two
methods would explain why shark tooth combs seem to work better.
Or did we make some major blunder?  Thanks in advance for any comments.

Mike

Michael C. Wooten
Dept. of Zoology                    mwooten at ducvax.auburn.edu
Auburn University