Expression Libraries

Tom MacAllister N490047 at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU
Wed Aug 4 14:12:18 EST 1993

Does anyone know of an expression vector (like lambda ZAP) that offers a
way of cloning restriction fragments in all three reading frames?  We are
currently using Sau3A filled with GA and XhoI filled with CT.  Upon examining
a gene we had already cloned for the presence of Sau3A sites, we found that
all of them (as unlikely as this seems) were in the same reading frame.
This is a possiblility that seemed nearly impossible to me, but now has me
paranoid.  I have figured our a way of adding adaptors which would produce
fusions in three frames, but an established vector would be much more
convenient.  Thanks

                   Tom