clean-up of ssDNA

Thomas_C.Newman 22313TCN at MSU.EDU
Thu Aug 5 09:20:00 EST 1993

Dear Colleagues,

  I have isolated mg quantities of ssDNA following the protocol of Gruber et
al in Focus 15: 59-65.  I have a problem in that the OD 260/280 is about 1.5
after following the full protocol. I need to quantify this material precisely
as well as having very clean ssDNA.
  Does anyone have any quick solutions for a cleanup of this large amount of
material.  In the protocol, multiple phenol-chloroform  extractions have
already been performed.
  If there is a FAQ to this point could someone direct me to it.

Thanks,

Tom Newman