TA cloning vector

APARKER at MAINE.MAINE.EDU APARKER at MAINE.MAINE.EDU
Thu Aug 5 20:21:13 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug5.154952.26316 at news.unige.ch>, mike at medsun.unige.ch (Mike
Morris) says:

>        Optional: can do a proteinase K after the Kl/kinase, apparently
>                  to remove Taq Pol which hangs on desperately to its product;

Anybody have an opinion as to whether those tenacious enzymes would still
be stuck to the 3' end after an hour at 100V in 2% NuSeive?  I ask in all
seriousness, as this PK step is mentioned relatively often, and I want to
start cloning PCR products excised from agarose gels in the near future.

Thanks,

Alex Parker
U Maine Zoology