Combs for Sequencing Gels <Question>

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Thu Aug 5 18:28:10 EST 1993

I believe the poster refers to "picket fence" style combs as oposed to the
"needle" ones. We stopped using the triangular pointed variety a while back
too. I think perhaps they have more contact with the plates between wells,
reducing the chance of leakage between lanes. I need the extra space though
and usually try tp push the pick type ones in pretty far to avoid leakage.

I heard a rumor about the origin of the "load outside" sequencing gel comb.
Can anyone confirm where these were first used ?

Jim
J. Graham
Biology and Chemistry Departments
Indiana University Blooington