mammalian expression vectors

flintoff at uwovax.uwo.ca flintoff at uwovax.uwo.ca
Sun Aug 8 00:27:34 EST 1993

    I am interested in transfecting a cDNA that we have just cloned into
CHO cells. The type of data I'm after would have to take into account the
number of copies of vector that were introduced into the cells. The ideal
vector for this experiment would have to contain three elements:
     1.  Neomycin resistance gene for selection of transfected cells.
     2.  A promoter and MCS that would allow me to express my cDNA, for
         example CMV or RSV.
     3.  A gene that would allow quantitization of the amount of plasmid
         in the transfectants, for example Lac Z or luciferase.

     So far I haven't found a vector that matches all three criteria. I'd
like to avoid co-transfections if I could. Does anyone know of a vector
that contains all three elements?
     I would appreciate any comments.

Rick Murray
University of Western Ontario