lacZ-kanamycin EcoRI fragment // plasmid pBEU50

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Aug 10 16:59:36 EST 1993

I'm looking for a few items and was wondering if anyone in netland has
what I need:

1. an EcoRI fragment containing either Plac-lacZ or Ptac-lacZ and a kanamycin
resistance gene. I don't want a fusion vehicle, just the expressed Lac+
phenotype.  It can be constitutively expressed and I prefer not an alpha
complementing fragment but the entire lacZ gene. The fragment must be separable
from the replication region when digested with EcoRI.

2. the runaway plasmid pBEU50 from Bernt Eric Uhlin et al. 1983.  New
runaway-replication-plasmid cloning vectors and suppression of runaway
replication by novobiocin. Gene 22:255-265. Alternatively, Bernt Uhlin's
current snail-mail, fax, or e-mail address would be useful.

Paul N. Hengen
National Cancer Institute
Frederick, Maryland 21702-1201 USA