Electroporating with lambda

GIETZ at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca GIETZ at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 10 13:07:00 EST 1993

----------------------BSS032 at BANGOR.AC.UK Writes------------------------
Hi Netters,

Has anyone tried electroporation as an alternative to in vitro packaging
in order to make a lambda library? Comments, experiences, references welcomed.
Jon R Sayers (Cell and Molecular Biology), Biochemistry Dept.,
University College North Wales, Univ of Wales, Bangor, LL57 2UW.
Tel +44 248 38 23 54
Fax +44 248 370731
Email BSS032 at BANGOR.AC.UK

*****************
Dear BSS032 at BANGOR.AC.UK
    I am in the process of doing that experiment. I'll tell you what
happens tomorrow!  I'll be electroporating a ligation but it will give some
idea how it works.
Dan Gietz
______________________________________
R.Daniel Gietz Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Human Genetics
University of Manitoba
770 Bannatyne Ave, Rm 250
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
R3E 0W3
Tel.: (204)789-3458
Fax.: (204)786-8712
E-mail GIETZ at BLDGHSC.LAN1.UMANITOBA.CA
"Trying to do the Manitoba Thing"