Kits for cDNA Making

VAN BELZEN at PA1 belzen at
Wed Aug 11 10:13:44 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug9.225447.19989 at> Tom Doak <
herricklab at> writes:>From: Tom Doak <herricklab@>>Subject: Kits for cDNA Making
>Date: Mon, 9 Aug 93 22:54:47 GMT
>We used a Perkin-Elmer cDNA kit a couple years ago, and weren't very
>impressed with what we got, though perhaps it was a problem of our RNA.
>Does anyone have comments on the current commercially available kits.
>Thanks ooddles,
>herricklab at

We have constructed two cDNA libraries with the Stratagene lambda ZAP
directional cDNA synthesis kit. The best library contained 7.5*10^6 pfu/ug
RNA, the second perhaps half of that which is still satisfactory...

Nico van Belzen (belzen at