HaemophilLibrary

BSS032 at uk.AC.BANGOR BSS032 at uk.AC.BANGOR
Wed Aug 11 06:09:00 EST 1993

Hi Netters!

One of my graduate students is having problems making a library from
clinical isolates ofHaemophilus influenzae. Basically, the transformation efficiency drops way down when vector+Haemophilus DNA is used +ve control using coli
fragments is ok). The literature mentions several genomic H. inf. libraries,
but no mention of special coli strain used to make them.

It looks like there may be a methylation problem, has anyone out there made
such libraries (we are using a pUC plasmid=electroporation)? Should we expect
Hinf to methylate causing problems in coli?

Thanks in advance:

Reply to Jon R Sayers (Cell and Molecular Biology), Biochemistry Dept.,
University College North Wales, Univ of Wales, Bangor, LL57 2UW.
Tel +44 248 38 23 54
Fax +44 248 370731
Email BSS032 at BANGOR.AC.UK