Suppliers of Alk.Phos-Antibody

Sebastian Bunka Sebastian.Bunka at at.ac.vu-wien
Thu Aug 12 01:44:55 EST 1993

> Date:          12 Aug 93 00:56:34 GMT
> To:            "bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts mail newsgroup" <bionet-news at daresbury.ac.uk>
> From:          RSCOTT at irri.cgnet.com (RPSCOTT)
> Subject:       Re: Suppliers of Alk.Phos-Antibody

> > From: IN%"<@CGNET.COM:pkuhlman at bio.indiana.edu>"  "pkuhlman"    12-AUG-1993 02:12
> >
> > I am interested in recommendations on which vendor to
> > use for alkaline phosphatase-conjugated Goat-anti-Rabbit IgG
> > for use in Western blots with chromogenic substrate.
> >
> > -Peter Kuhlman
> > Indiana University
> >

> Found it! Sigma sells both monoclonal and affinity-recovered AP-conjugated
> goat antibodies raised against rabbit IgG.
>

> Scott
> Intl Rice Res Inst
> Manila, Philippines
> e-mail: rscott at irri.cgnet.com

If you need species specifity, don't use AB conjugates from Sigma,
we had a lot of cross reactivity with anti-bovine from them.

Best experience we have with all affinity purified AB conjugates from
Jackson Immuno research, USA ! (Sorry, I have only the German
Phone&Fax# : +049-40-32 30 74, FAX+049-40-32 21 90 )
We use all of our AB conjugate stuff from them; dilutions all
> 1:20..40,000.
Another very good anti-rab-AP is from Kirkegaard (I don't have any
number); I used it in Canada a lot for Westerns: works great, no
cross-reactivity w/ swine Ig's

Sebastian

|Dr. Sebastian Bunka      Email: Sebastian.Bunka at vu-wien.ac.at     |
|Inst.f.Bakteriologie                                              |
|Vet.Med.Uni Wien         Phone: +43-1-71155/261                   |
|Linke Bahngasse 11       Fax:   +43-1-71 49 110                   |
|A-1030 Wien                                                       |