Outgroups

KARN at Butler.EDU KARN at Butler.EDU
Fri Aug 13 10:36:53 EST 1993

Dear Netters,
	In the late Spring/early Summer, there was an interesting discussion
about picking outgroups for molecular phylogeny studies.  I came in late in
the discussion and may have missed some important items.  Did anyone cite a
reference(s) during the exchange?  If so, would someone send me same, or, if
not, does anyone have a reference(s) regarding this issue (i.e. the diffi-
culties of picking an appropriate outgroup for such studies).  As energetic
as this discussion seemed to be, I suspect that similar comments have ap-
peared somewhere in the literature (hopefully in a review).
Regards,
Bob Karn
KARN at BUTLERU.EDU