quantitation of RNA

Michael Coady coady at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Fri Aug 13 14:30:21 EST 1993

In article <00970F6E.227DD480.14784 at hal.hahnemann.edu> russos at HAL.HAHNEMANN.EDU writes:
>HI,        I hope someone can help me.  I am isolating RNA from macrophages
>           and consistently get such low amounts that quantitation by
>           spectrophotometer is inaccurate.  Does anyone know a way to

	The only thing that I can suggest is to use a smaller cuvette.  We
are quite happy with a cuvette with listed volume of 50 ul, but I find that
80 ul is required to fill the window on it.  I've seen Hellma advertising
some cuvettes that only require 5 or 10 ul.  Alternatively, you can get
a special type of small cuvette that requires a special small cuvette stage
for Beckman spectrophotometers, but we're content not to have to keep
changing the stage (or is it called the cuvette holder) within the spectro
depending on who's using it.

Mike

--
Michael J. Coady