Gopher holes for Mol. Bio.

Kathie Hodge kh11 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 13 11:32:06 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug11.205515.1623 at emba.uvm.edu> Brain Foley writes:
>I have a bookmark set for BIOLOGICAL GOPHERS, but unfortunately
TurboGopher
>does not allow me to find out what machine this is actually pointing
to...

The latest version of Turbogopher for the Mac is 1.0.7 and it's available
from the mother of all gopher servers, boombox.micro.umn.edu.  This
version not only has a command "Get attribute info" in the Gopher menu
that lets you figure out where you are, but it also sports lightening
speed and other good stuff.

Allow me to add to the list of biogophers my own favourite gopher that is
maintained by Dan Jacobson and can be found at:
merlot.welch.jhu.edu
This has ports to just about every other biology gopher there is, plus
access to Genbank, biology ftp sites, funding agencies, and other
wonderful things that will boggle your mind.  Thanks Dan!

Kathie Hodge
kh11 at cornell.edu