factorXa

Song Song
Mon Aug 16 13:05:07 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug16.142343.7869 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk> JAB5 at uk.AC.YORK.VAX
writes:
>Dear colleagues,
>I'm looking for a good (=cheap!) supplier for FactorXa. We need mgs of
>the stuff to cleave a pMAL fusion protein. Any idea if you can get
>away with non-"molecular biology grade" for this?
>Thanks,
>Jim Brannigan
>Chemistry Dept
>University of York
>jab at uk.ac.york.yorvic

Dear Jim,
     There's a company in Denmark that offers factor Xa at very reasonable
prices
(1 mg for about US$300, 10 mg for US$1540, prices were valid for 1990).  I
can't
vouch for the quality of the material since I've not used factor Xa
recently, but
someone else in our department tried it out and was satisfied with the
results.
Hans Christian Thogersen is the source for the enzyme (he and Kiyoshi
Nagai, both
then at the LMB in Cambridge, were among the first, if not the first, to
use
factor Xa for cleaving fusion recombinant proteins).    The company is
    Genex Biotek
    Post Box 1043
    DK 8200, Aarhus N
    Denmark

    I'm afraid that I don't have a telephone or fax number for the firm,
but I'm sure
that you'll be able to get this from International Directory Assistance
(perhaps some
other user could post this information?).   All the information I have is
from 1990,
and I hope that the address is still valid.
    Usual disclaimers apply:  I have no connections with Genex Biotek,
although I did work
in the same room as Hans Thorgersen for a few months many years ago.

Song Tan
Institut fur Molekularbiologie und Biophysik
ETH-Honggerberg
8093 Zurich
Switzerland
email:  tan at aeolus.vmsmail.ethz.ch