Objectionable postings

Michael Holland M.Holland at dwe.csiro.au
Tue Aug 17 21:52:31 EST 1993

In message 17 Aug 93 10:20:00 GMT, mutasa at uk.ac.afrc  writes:

> Warren Victorian whoever you are, this is a forum for scientific discussion
> and not for dishing out sex phone lines.  I for one certainly don't want any of
> this rubbish on my screen.... why is it allowed to get through.  Doesn't
> anyone monitor these messeges!!!!!!????
>
>Effie,
While I completely share your sentiments about the inappropriateness of
Warren's efforts, no its worse- their pathetically bad taste - please think
hard before you suggest monitoring (=censorship???) of his jeuvenile
behaviour. If monitoring starts who decides the suitability of the material
deleted? Next thing you know every time someone mentions a company
product/name in a bad light it will be censored. As Bob marley said more
eloquently "Stand up, stand up for your rights..." but watch this doesn't
infringe the rights of others. Over to you...
> Effie
Michael K Holland PhD
Principal Research Scientist
CRC for Biological Control of