RE availability

William R. Morgan wmorgan at ACS.WOOSTER.EDU
Tue Aug 17 20:42:49 EST 1993

>mgk2r at Virginia.EDU  writes:
>> mpm at seqanal.mi.uky.edu  writes:
>> > I know this sounds like a good candidate for a FAQ, but does anyone have
>> > any idea where I can find a list of sources for some of the less common
>> > restriction enzymes?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Steven W. Barger, Ph.D.
>> > c/o Mark Mattson
>> > Sanders-Brown Center on Aging
>>
>> Get a New England Biolabs catalogue.  Not only do they have the
>> largest selection, they also tell you the names of suppliers
>> for the few specificities that they don't carry.  If you call
>> them, 1-800-NEWLABS, you can also ask for an updated list of
>> known isoschizomers.
>>
>> Michael Kurilla
>> mgk2r at virginia.edu
>
>Excuse the typo, that should be 1-800-NEBLABS.

A quick follow-up on Mike's referral to the NEB catalogue.

The specific info about REs from other suppliers is at the end of their
list of enzymes: p. 49 of the 1993/94 catalogue.  I couldn't find it
earlier when I wanted to respond to this question because I was looking in
the appendix (the logical place?)

Bill Morgan
William R. Morgan
The College of Wooster