lambda exo ssDNA sequencing

William R. Morgan wmorgan at ACS.WOOSTER.EDU
Tue Aug 17 12:00:03 EST 1993

>Pharmacia PCR Template Prep:
>
>As we are having problems with direct sequencing of PCR products we are
>looking for ways to improve the template. This kit, advertised in Nature
>Genetics recently, offers the option of ssDNA sequencing using a dsDNA PCR
>product as the starting material. This is achieved by selectively degrading
>one strand using lambda exonuclease.
>
>Does anyone have any opinions on this product or experience of it in practice
>as we hwere unablle to get a free sample from Pharmac :-)
>
>Andrew Walley,
>Paediatric Molecular Genetics,
>Institute of Molecular Medicine,
>Oxford, U.K.

Dear Andrew,

As I recall my old boss used this procedure (but not the Pharmacia kit)
with success.  I believe the reference to her work is
Greenwald I;Seydoux G
Analysis of gain-of-function mutations of the lin-12 gene of Caenorhabditis
elegans.
Nature 346: 197-199 1990

Good luck,
Bill Morgan