Digestion near the end of the DNA

Vivian Miao vmiao at oregon.uoregon.edu
Wed Aug 18 21:24:23 EST 1993

Has anyone had experience cutting EaeI or XmaIII (EagI) sites close to an
end of DNA?  Anyone had GOOD cutting of NOTI when there is LESS than 7
bases between the site and the end of the DNA?

I know about the useful references in the backs of various catalogs (e.g.
NEB,  Stratagene), and of one paper in Biotechniques, but I can't find any
information of these enzymes specifically.  I've called the tech support
folks of the companies that sell the enzymes, but they don't have the
information I need either.  Do you have any good results on this topic (or
bitter tales of woe) to share?  I would be happy to collate and post
findings with respect to this topic in general (i.e. restriction at sites
other than the ones plaguing me now) if want to drop me a line.

Thanks!