mycobacterium tuberculosis DNA

RPSCOTT RSCOTT at IRRI.CGNET.COM
Thu Aug 19 19:07:35 EST 1993

> From:	IN%"<@CGNET.COM:E.L.Lewis at bradford.ac.uk>"  "E.L.Lewis"    20-AUG-1993 00:38
>
> I am undertaking a dissertation study into the extraction and
> amplification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis DNA from archaeological bone.
> I was wondering:
> 1. If anyone has any IS6110 available that they could give me, or
> 2. If anyone knows the sequence of IS6110, so that I can order it locally.
>
> Ed Lewis
> Department of Archaeological Sciences
> University of Bradford,
> Bradford
> U.K.

Dear Ed,

Try reaching Dr. Dennis Kunimoto of the U. of Alberta. His lab just recently
reported a ligation-mediated PCR for M. tuberculosis. They used primers
based on the IS6110 sequence.

P. Pallitapongarnpim, S. Chomyc, A. Fanning, and D. Kunimoto [Department
of Medical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, U. of Alberta, Edmonton,
Alberta, Canada] (1993) DNA fingerprinting of Mycobacterium tuberculosis
isolates by ligation-mediated PCR. Nucl. Acids Res. 21(3): 761-762.

Best of luck! :-)

R. Scott
Genetics Laboratory
Division of Plant Pathology