nonlysogenic coli + T7 RNA polymerase

F.J. van der Wal vdwal at
Mon Aug 23 04:47:04 EST 1993

Help:				E.coli recA+ strain with chromosomally encoded IPTG-inducible
									T7-polymerase, not containing a prophage.
I want to establish simultaneous expression of two proteins from two
different plasmids. One protein is T7 controlled, and the other is under
control of the mitomycin C-inducible SOS-promoter

For optimal induction with mitomycin C, an E. coli recA+ strain is
necessary. Unfortunately, the Novagen BL21DE3 strain lyses upon a
SOS-response, and HMS174 is recA-. I know the Invitrogen corporation sells
an M13 phage containing the T7 polymerase, but I'm looking for simultaneous
expression in a recA+ strain with chromosomally encoded IPTG-inducible T7
polymerase, not containing a prophage or a phage.

My question is this: does anyone know if an E.coli recA+ strain without a
prophage but with chromosomally encoded IPTG-inducible T7-polymerase
vdwal at
Fimme Jan van der Wal
Faculty of Biology
dep. Molecular Microbiology