minigels on slides keep floating away - help

Gregory Stuart gstuart at unixg.ubc.ca
Tue Aug 24 16:19:59 EST 1993

Shiver me timbers! I have been making little mini-gels on frosted
microscope slides, by mixing molten 1% LMP agarose with lymphocytes, and
pipeting this onto the slides, and overlaying the agarose with a
coverslip. Later, I remove the coverslip (carefully sliding it off the
agarose) and place the slide in an alkaline lysis buffer. However, many
times my gels will separate from the slides. Any sugesstions? Thanks, Greg.