p53 mRNA (2 hybridization bands)

emccann at cid.aes.doe.ca emccann at cid.aes.doe.ca
Tue Aug 24 08:13:54 EST 1993

   Hi All,

  In a paper by G.  Strauss et al.. Int. J. Cancer 50:252(92) he described that
he observed a 4 Kb transcript  for p53 beside the 2 Kb band when the RNA was
denatured and electrophoresed by the formaldehyde method. However, when the
RNA was denatured and electrophoresed by the glyoxal method mainly the 2 Kb
band was evident.

  I also used the formaldehyd method and found 2 hybridized bands. Does anyone
have any idea why the formaldehyde method gives the minor 4 Kb signal?

  Any ideas what this 4 Kb message may be?

( Second posting, desperate for any IDEAS, not necessarily the p53 aspect but
  the difference in the results between the two methods)

       Thanks,

	 Ed + Martina

	 eMail to yccdemc at cid.aes.doe.ca

        I will post any interesting results