transfection/rat cbllm granule cells

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 25 12:57:11 EST 1993

Is there anyone out there that can successfully transfect into rat primary
cerebellar granule cell cultures.
We have tried, calcium phosphate (with or without glycerol shocking), DEAE
dextran method, and lipofectin mediated transfection.

We cannot perform electroporation as the cells adhere to plates in culture.

We can successfully transfect into primary rat cortical, hippocampal, chick
spinal cord, chick cortical, and chick granule cell cultures.

If you know of anyone that can transfect into these stubborn cells, could
you E-mail us at:

pammie at acs.bu.edu

thanx.